2020 Specialized Chisel
Don Skene Cycles Ltd is pleased to offer you 0% finance from 6 months to 36 months with V12 Retail Finance Ltd, on orders above £400 (For discounted products please contact us for details).
Finance can be arranged over the phone, via email or in store.
We have many options to suit your circumstances, call to find out more.
Contact us by phone on:
029 2040 0900
or via the contact us form
2020 Specialized Chisel
The Chisel is the perfect bike for anyone looking to take the plunge into XC racing. It embodies all of the qualities you'd expect from an XC race bike, like light overall weight, incredible stiffness, and a race-oriented geometry-all with one-by gearing, too.
PRO-LEVEL PERFORMANCE MADE AFFORDABLE
We asked ourselves, "How do we bring pro-level performance down to a price more riders can afford?" D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology was the answer. Smartweld allows us to create the most consistent, high-strength welds possible while taking full advantage of compliant, ultralight alloy tubes.
XC-FAST AND TRAIL-BIKE CAPABLE
Cross-country courses have grown more technical, so why we gave the Chisel a dose of trail bike DNA. The Chisel's longer top tube, shortened head tube, and slightly slack front end increase its downhill stability without sacrificing its climbing ability.
- Light, stiff, and durable, the premium M5 alloy frame is the perfect racing platform.
- RockShox Judy Silver 29 fork, complete with lockout and adjustable rebound damping.
- SRAM's SX Eagle 1X drivetrain gives you the gearing you need to tackle any climb.
- Given its light weight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminum was the natural choice for the Chisel's frame. And when complemented with our speed-focused XC 29 Geometry, D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed, confident handling, and hassle-free maintenance.
- Rocks and bumps are soaked up by the RockShox Judy Silver 29 fork. It features proprietary technology from RockShox, like its Solo Air™ spring, that maintains an ideal equilibrium, as well as being one of the lightest air springs on the market.
- SRAM's 12-speed SX Eagle drivetrain, with its 11-50t cassette, provides a wide gear range that lets you spin up the climbs, yet have plenty of top end for the descents. One-by setups also decrease weight and make it next to impossible to drop a chain.
|Frame||Specialized D'Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, XC Geometry, internal cable routing, BSA BB, 12x148mm spacing, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake|
|Front Tire||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON|
|Rear Brake||Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm|
|Rear Hub||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h|
|Seat Binder||Alloy, 30.8mm|
|Fork||RockShox Judy Silver 29, Solo Air, Turnkey damper, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (XS: 80mm, S:90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)|
|Rims||Specialized XC 29, 25mm internal width, disc-specific|
|Front Brake||Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 180mm|
|Front Hub||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 24h|
|Shift Levers||SRAM SX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM SX Eagle|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50t|
|Chain||SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Crankset||SRAM SX Eagle, Powerspline, 165/170/175mm, 32T|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM Powerspline|
|Seatpost||Specialized, alloy, single-bolt, 27.2mm|
|Seat||Specialized Power, hollow steel rails|
|Bar||Stout XC, double-butted alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 31.8mm|
|Stem||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Tubes||Standard, Presta valve|
|Rear Tire||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON|