2020 Nukeproof Cub-Scout 26 Race Deore
Don Skene Cycles Ltd is pleased to offer you 0% finance from 6 months to 36 months with V12 Retail Finance Ltd, on orders above £400 (For discounted products please contact us for details).
Finance can be arranged over the phone, via email or in store.
We have many options to suit your circumstances, call to find out more.
Contact us by phone on:
029 2040 0900
or via the contact us form
The new Cub-Scout 24” Race is not just another kids bike: taking inspiration from our award-winning Scout adult hardtail range, the Cub-Scout 24” has been designed from the ground-up as a proper mini-hardtail mountain bike. It has been designed to allow kids to learn the ropes of riding, inspire confidence on the trails and act as the perfect platform for progression. Developed and tested with the help of our own children, we have created a class leading lightweight kids bike range to inspire and nurture budding future World Cup or EWS winners!
The new range of Cub-Scout Hardtails are available in 20”, 24” or 26” options; meaning that there should be a bike to suit kids of all sizes from aged 5 and up. Each bike features a lightweight custom butted 6061 Alloy frameset with bang up to date long, low and slack kids specific geometry.
Kids Specific Components:
Proper fit and function of components is essential for kids bikes because adult components are not optimised for smaller people. To ensure that these bikes fit and function perfectly, we took the time to test and develop our own or work with our partners to select the best kids-specific components we could find on the market.
Kid Specific parts include:
Cub-Scout 24” Frame
Manitou Markhor TS Air Suspension forks with custom optimised damping for lighter riders
Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes with short stroke levers for smaller hands
Nukeproof Neutron Jr Saddle
Nukeproof Neutron Jr Handlebar (20” – 600mm/24” – 640mm/26” – 700mm)
Nukeproof Neutron Jr Grips
160mm SR Suntour Zeron 2 piece Crank
WTB STi 30 TCS Rims (Tubeless Ready)
Large Volume 2.5” Maxxis Minion DHF Tyres to ensure grip and a smooth ride
- Frame: Nukeproof Cub-Scout 26”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat posts, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing
- Fork: Manitou Markhor 27.5” TS Air, 120mm Travel, Custom Kids tune, 1.5 Tapered Steerer, 51mm Offset, BOOST 15x110mm Bolt-thru Axle
- Front Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron 15x110mm BOOST hub on WTB STi30 26" TCS Rim
- Rear Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 26" TCS Rim
- Tyres: Front & Rear: Maxxis Minion 26" x 2.5” EXO TR (Tubeless Ready)
- Crankset: SR Suntour Zeron 2 Piece 160mm, 30T
- Shifter: Shimano M6000 Deore Rapidfire 10-Speed
- Rear Deraileur: Shimano M6000 Deore, Shadow Plus, 10-Speed
- Chain: KMC X10-1 10-Speed, with Quick Link
- Cassette: Sunrace CSMS2 10-Speed, 11-42T
- Brakes: Tektro M291 Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes
- Front Rotor: Tektro Wave, 160mm
- Rear Rotor: Tektro Wave, 160mm
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Neutron Jr 700mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron Jr, Black
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Neutron Jr, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-44 IETS
- Grips: Nukeproof Jr Single Clamp lock on, 132mm Long, Soft Compound
|Material:||Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium|
|Axle to Crown:||514mm|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Headset:||ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS56/40 - B8 (For Tapered fork)|
|Seatpost:||27.2mm (Internal Routing for Dropper Seatpost)|
|BB:||Threaded 68mm BSA|
|Rear Axle:||M12*1.5 Thread x175mm|
|Brake Mount:||160mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||Kevlar Chainstay Protector|