2020 Nukeproof Cub-Scout 20 Race Sram X5
Don Skene Cycles Ltd is pleased to offer you 0% finance from 6 months to 36 months with V12 Retail Finance Ltd, on orders above £400 (For discounted products please contact us for details).
Finance can be arranged over the phone, via email or in store.
We have many options to suit your circumstances, call to find out more.
Contact us by phone on:
029 2040 0900
or via the contact us form
Nukeproof Cub-Scout 20 Race Kids Bike
The new Cub-Scout 20” Race is not just another kids bike: taking inspiration from our award-winning Scout adult hardtail range, the Cub-Scout 20” has been designed from the ground-up as a proper mini-hardtail mountain bike. It has been designed to allow kids to learn the ropes of riding, inspire confidence on the trails and act as the perfect platform for progression. Developed and tested with the help of our own children, we have created a class leading lightweight kids bike range to inspire and nurture budding future World Cup or EWS winners!
The new range of Cub-Scout Hardtails are available in 20”, 24” or 26” options; meaning that there should be a bike to suit kids of all sizes from aged 5 and up. Each bike features a lightweight custom butted 6061 Alloy frameset with bang up to date long, low and slack kids specific geometry.
Kids Specific Components:
Proper fit and function of components is essential for kids bikes because adult components are not optimised for smaller people. To ensure that these bikes fit and function perfectly, we took the time to test and develop our own or work with our partners to select the best kids-specific components we could find on the market.
Kid Specific parts include:
Cub-Scout 20” Frame
Manitou Machete Junit Expert Air Suspension forks with custom optimised damping for lighter riders
Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes with short stroke levers for smaller hands
Nukeproof Neutron Jr Saddle
Nukeproof Neutron Jr Handlebar (20” – 600mm/24” – 640mm/26” – 700mm)
Nukeproof Neutron Jr Grips
127mm Samox Square Taper Crank
WTB STi 30 TCS Rims (Tubeless Ready)
Large Volume 2.4”/2.25” Vee Rubber Tyres to ensure grip and a smooth ride
- Frame: Nukeproof Cub-Scout 20”, custom butted hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat posts, threaded bottom bracket, 142mm Bolt-thru rear axle spacing
- Fork: Manitou Machete JUNIT 20in Expert Air, 80mm Travel, 1.5 Tapered Steerer, 40mm Offset, BOOST 15x110mm Bolt-thru Axle
- Front Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron 15x110mm hub on WTB STi30 20" TCS Rim
- Rear Wheel: Nukeproof Neutron 12x142mm hub on WTB STi30 20" TCS Rim
- Tyres: Front: Vee Rubber Flow Snap 20" x 2.4” Skinwall, Rear: Vee Rubber Crown Gem 20" x 2.25” Skinwall
- Crankset: Samox Square Taper 127mm, 32T
- Shifter: SRAM X5 Trigger 9-Speed
- Rear Deraileur: SRAM X5 Mid Cage 9-Speed
- Chain: KMC Z9 EPT 9-Speed, with Quick Link
- Cassette: Sunrace CSM90 9-Speed, 11-36T
- Brakes: Tektro M291 Kids Specific Hydraulic Brakes
- Front Rotor: Tektro Wave , 160mm
- Rear Rotor: Tektro Wave , 160mm
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Neutron Jr 600mm Wide, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 35mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron Jr, Black
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Neutron Jr, Black, 27.2mm, 300mm Long, 0 Offset
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-44 IETS
- Grips: Nukeproof Jr Single Clamp lock on, 115mm Long, Soft Compound
|Material:||Hydroformed 6061 Triple-Butted Aluminium|
|Axle to Crown:||385mm|
|Max Tyre Size:||2.6"|
|Headset:||ZS44-28.6 - T2 / ZS44/30-S - B3 (For Straight Steerer fork)|
|BB:||Threaded 68mm BSA|
|Rear Axle:||M12*1.5 Thread x175mm|
|Brake Mount:||160mm Direct Post|
|Protection:||Kevlar Chainstay Protector|